Thursday, September 06, 2007

Orange Omlette for Harlots and Ruffians

Have you ever eaten a meal that was so well prepared you simply couldn't express yourself through words? I had the good fortune at MSKD last weekend to sit at the feast table served by one of the Seige Cooking competition teams. We were, in no uncertain terms, well fed both in quantity and quality of food. (Truly, I did not eat again until after 2PM the next day.) Afterward, I could find no better way to express how much I enjoyed the meal than to hug the team captain!

This was one of the dishes we were served. In my own interpretation (read "guess") that I cooked for dinner Tuesday night, I used 2 Tbs orange juice, and 1 tsp honey for each 2 eggs. Not quite the same as her proportions, but pretty close. More importantly, my children (including the finicky eater) loved it and have asked that I make it again this weekend. Yippee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of the other meals tasted the same to me after the Siege Feast. Everything was so blah the rest of the weekend. I still want to sample what the winning team made. ;)

Kat Robinson said...

(grin)

They're preparing feast at Diamond Wars... now THAT'S an incentive!