Sunday, June 25, 2006

Comments

When setting up this blog, I took the advice of some of the long-time bloggers I read and turned off "Anonymous Commenting." This means that you must create an account with Blogger and log-on in order to leave a comment. Definitely a hassle. One of the main reasons I did this was fear of "comment spam," where spammers or their spam 'bots leave advertising messages in a blog's comment file. Not only do I not want to have to go through deleting spam daily, I don't want you, Gentle Reader, to have to wade through it, either.

Perhaps as a result, few have chosen to leave comments to the posts in these pages. Some have sent me emails with suggestions of things they'd like to see, or comments on posts they liked or disliked. One Gentle in particular has been particularly helpful in pointing out grammatical and typographical errors I've missed during editing (Thank you, E. Please continue sending those privately!). The point, Gentle Reader, is that these pages are also intended to be an educational tool. If you have experience in a topic I've covered, feel that I may have missed a point, or can direct us all to a resource, please share that in the comments for that post. I read all the comments and try to respond.

As an experiment, I have turned Anonymous Commenting back on. If I start getting a lot of spam, I'll turn it back off. Comments are not moderated, but I reserve the right to remove any that violate my Original Disclaimer. With that said, I encourage you to click on the Comments link at the bottom of posts. Perhaps we can get some discussions going!

No comments: