Sunday, May 14, 2006

Graduate

Took a little walk yesterday. Heard my name called. Shook a few hands. Stood still for some photos. Celebrated afterwards.

When I began working towards yesterday's little walk, I expected certain people to be there to see it. It was their walk just as much as mine. Many of my friends and family who have served as my core support group were there to cheer me on during one part of the day or another. Others were unable to attend for various reasons, but still held me in their thoughts. I appreciate all of them more than I know how to say. "Thank you" seems so inadequate.

When I began working towards yesterday's little walk, I expected my Mom to be there to see it. It was her walk just as much as mine. She'd have been so proud. Funny how life changes. I know everyone would have understood, but the hardest part of yesterday was not allowing the hurt to show. Still love and miss you, Mom.

Next is Grad school. I've been accepted into a Grad program at the University on the Hill, and I am truly excited about getting started in the fall. There will be very little travel involved; I'll be able to take all of my classes on-line. It will probably take another three years to complete the degree, but it will open up some serious opportunities for me.

Meanwhile, I believe I mentioned a project list for the summer? Gotta feed the monster!

No comments: